Pages

Friday, July 15, 2011

Whew! We Made It!

Yesterday was a whirl wind!  And I loved it!  Abby and I got up and went to Stroller Strides for the second time.  AWESOME.  And today I'm feeling the awesome-ness of the reverse planks we were doing--my butt is screaming!  But in that good way...yes, there is one! :)  After that we went to Davis and had lunch with Mariah and Sydney at Dos Coyotes.  We walked...I'd say it's about a half a mile or so...it was nice to catch up with them.  After that we went to Abby's one year doctors appointment.  She's a rock star--25% on everything, which is good for her, and the doctor proclaimed her "perfect."  I asked that be included in her records. :)  Then we were off to book club, where Abby proceeded to introduce herself to everyone in the Panera Bread.  At least she's cute...no one seemed upset by her.  Total nap time = 40 minutes.  She practically begged me to put her to bed by the time we got home.  Such a sweetie--my heart swells just thinking about her! :)

On the iVillage front, all is well.  Yesterday's challenge was to head for the hills--literally.  Since my day was jam packed full, that wasn't happening (besides the fact I didn't even have a chance to check email and didn't even know that was the challenge).  But I do like the variety hiking adds.  Maybe I need to start looking for hiking opportunities.  Not quite like my new friend Cori who just hiked Half Dome in Yosemite--I'm not ready for rock star status yet! :)  Today's note was written by Michelle Kwan and she talks about how she likes to incline skate.  Nice for her.  (Bad Katie)  OK...so I guess just keep up the activity.  OK.

Eating was OK.  Choices made were good but there was a lot of food and it was all good.  Today has been TERRIBLE but it's that week so I'm just hanging in there.  My friend Steph recommended a long time ago "Outsmarting the Female Fat Cell" and after chatting with her last night some more, I found it last night and started reading it again.

Other than that...life is grand.  It's Friday, the weather is ROCKIN' and we have a fun weekend ahead of us.  I'm a lucky girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment