Pages

Friday, June 15, 2012

Photo Op--not excited

Today's challenge is to ACTUALLY take a "before" picture and measurements, including weight.  They had talked about it earlier in the book, about having a starting point.  A photo that shows you were you are and later, where you were.  I can honestly say that when they talked about it, I blew it off.  I know I'm heavy.  I know that I have a roll or two.  And I really don't think I need any photographic evidence.  I have enough with clothes on to clover it up.  And I weigh weekly so I know where I am there.

But I'm doing this.  I have been for more than a week and for me, that's a good start.  So tonight, after an already planned tri-tip dinner with friends, I will go home, strip down to panties and bra, and take a picture that I hope no one ever sees.  I will not be posting it here.  I'll also take the measurements they recommend in the book.

Because I'm a player.  I'm a rule-follower.  Mostly because I appreciate the path being already laid.  I appreciate the direction and advice.  Maybe that's why I don't have any dreams...?  I'm OK with other peoples...?

Speaking of, last night I told my mom about my lack-of-dreams issue and she had some suggestions.  I need to have that conversation again with her because the music was loud and the kids were ALL OVER THE PLACE (didn't know throwing bark up in the air was so fun) but I'm looking forward to discovering my new dreams.  One thing I did catch that I thought was interesting: totally right off the cuff, she says "well, you should reevaluate and recreate your dreams at least every ten years."  What?!  Maybe that's why I don't have any now.  I've been coasting for two-plus cycles as it is! :)

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment