Monday, March 19, 2012

The Bad...and the Good!

I went to the doctor this morning.  All weekend I've felt like I was working on an ear infection but tried to convince myself that my body was working so hard to keep it from happening, to get healthy.  The battle was lost last night and I spent the dark hours trying to rest as much as I could until it was time to get up.

The bad: diagnosis is ear infections in both ears and a sinus infection.  Antibiotics and nose spray have already been started.  Hopefully relief will come soon but I know it generally takes 24 hours for this stuff to start doing it's thing.  Good part is that the antibiotics will kill the ear AND sinus infections so there's that. :)

The good: when I weighed in, I am still showing losses.  If I remember right, I was ten pounds down from the last time I weighed in at the doctors, back in January.  And I don't know about you, but I have this issue: I use my scale at home 99% of the time.  The other 1% is when I'm at the doctor for something.  And I can't help but believe that they don't read the same.  I always feel like the doctor's is higher than mine at home.  So the fact that it registered the same as home--woo hoo! :)

OK...back to work.  I'm feeling very good right now because I've just cleared up three cost basis issues/research projects, one of which I had to go out to storage for.  Yah for me and the feeling of success when these things fall into place.  I can't believe that at one time I chose my major based on which had the least amount of math and science and now I'm celebrating a math-related success.  Ugg how life throws us curveballs, right?! :)

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment