Pages

Monday, September 26, 2011

And Nothing Was Chasing Me!

I think that everyone, in some way or another, wants to be a runner.  Or I may just be speaking for myself.  As much as I joke about "nothing chasing me" and have pretty much always been a walker (unless I'm running bases or up/down a court--yes, it did happen at one time!), I've always watching longingly at graceful runners, cruising along and...well...getting there quick.  I have many excuses--some of them even good ones--for why running isn't for me but there still is that little desire to, well, run.

So yesterday I started the Couch to 5K plan.  The idea was to start last week but jury duty knocked that out of the water (I can honestly say it was one of the most stressful things I've ever done--I was exhausted all week).  Sunday I strapped on my tennies, I had already downloaded the podcast that walks (hah!) you through the program, and set off.  And I'm proud to report that I actually ran for all of the 60-second bursts in the program!  And I'm walking today with only a couple minor pains, which could as easily have been from gardening.

So the report is that I lived.  Today I'm getting a new pair of tennies because mine are grumpy about running (they barely were liking walking) and taking today off but getting out there Tuesday or Wednesday.  It was so exciting to get to that point of the podcast where he told me that I was done with the runs and it was time to cool down--so excited because I had done it.  I wasn't fast--that wasn't my goal, and I wasn't graceful--not sure that'll happen, but I was successful.  Yah!

Hope everyone is ready for Fall...because I think it's on it's way! :)  Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment