Pages

Friday, August 26, 2011

Oh Goodness!

I knew it'd been a while since I'd posted but really, Katie, 18 days!?!  Get it together! :)

Good news is that I've been so busy with family being here and parties and work that my sweet blog has been pushed aside.  If I'm going to have an excuse for blog-slacking, that's a good one, right?

Life in our world has been grand.  AWESOME visit from the Iowans--I LOVE LOVE LOVE them and wanted to hide them under my bed so they couldn't go home.  But they did, darn it!  So we FINALLY set up the next best thing--Skype!  And tried it out for the first time Sunday.  And we have a date for tonight.  Yah!  I'm so excited!

In the past two weeks, Abby has cut FIVE teeth!  What?!  That's just crazy!  And they've been the hardest so far.  But she's such a trooper and I think we're past the worst of it.  She slept through the night last night--the first time in over two weeks!  Everyone in our house is feeling much more refreshed today. :)

Ashlee and I made a pact--is it wrong that we decided to start it AFTER county fair?  We are not eating any dessert for a week!  That may not seem like a big deal to some of you but for me, that's huge!  I usually will have something sweet for lunch dessert and something sweet after dinner--and sometimes Ashlee and I decide we need something in the afternoons.  Yah...it's gotten bad! :)  It's been hard but I've totally kicked butt and have successfully gone four days without any dessert!  I'm allowing myself a cheat this weekend because we're celebrating a friend's graduation tomorrow.  Yah for Jen! :)

So...I'm thinking of extending it.  Or adding it to my treasure chest of healthy living goals.  Like...no dessert during the week.  Monday through Friday, if there is no reason to celebrate, why should I be eating dessert?  Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment